Studying Business Studies at Silverstone UTC is an opportunity to study a broad subject in the Social Sciences combining elements of accountancy, finance, recruitment, market research and branding. Students who opt for this specialism will get the opportunity to put this vocational qualification into practice through experience, working with our partners in events.
In Key Stage 4 students will study the BTEC Level 2 First Award in Business and at Key Stage 5 the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business. Students studying Business in the 6th form also have the opportunity of studying a second vocational qualification in Travel and Tourism.
Many of our students go on to successful careers in the travel, business, finance and events industries or onto further education studying courses such as Accounting, Business Management, Cruise Management, Tourism and Hospitality or Events Management.
What is Events Management?
Entertainment and Festivals
Exhibitions and Conference
National and International Events
Events managers make things happen
Events ignite ideas and knowledge
They create and enrich the communities they serve
They bring investment to the country and local communities
What’s it Worth?
- The Events Industry is worth over £36bn/yr to the UK economy
- It’s made up of over 25000 businesses
- It employs in excess of half a million people
- It brings 7 million visitors to UK every year
- Be creative and able to consider a range of scenarios
- Be motivated and determined to solve problems
- Be able to lead and work within a team
- Analyse and evaluate their work
- Have good presentation skills
- Sell and market ideas and concepts
- Have excellent communication and persuasive skills
- Be able to accommodate changes
- Demonstrate good time management and prioritising
- Have planning, organising and logistical skills