Working with parents
Silverstone University Technical College provides an encouraging and supportive environment that nurtures ambition. Silverstone UTC also actively involves the parents of students and keeps them informed of their children’s progress and development.
We engage with parents so that ideas, input and feedback can be gathered and used to enhance and influence the development of the UTC. We are keen to make Silverstone UTC the best UTC of its kind in the country; with this in mind, involving the thoughts and feelings of parents is a top priority for us. We will also involve parents in specific projects as and when required. If you are a parent and would like to get involved, please contact us.
Parents may also find the following articles of interest. All articles are from parentINFO, a website decicated to helping children and young people stay safe online. (www.parentinfo.org)
- WhatsApp: a guide for parents and carers
- What is the dark web? A parent’s guide
- Staying safe on Minecraft
- When family banter turns toxic
- Making Snapchat work for you
- PEGI games ratings explained
- When you think your child may be gay
- When your child comes out as transgender: a Q&A with Sue Chitayi
- Screen time and young children: finding a balance
- Talking to your child about an eating disorder
- Snapchat FAQs
- How diet affects self-esteem
- Understanding online shaming - a guide for parents
- When your child wants to use social media: a parent's guide
- 5 ways the internet can help you enjoy family time together
- A parent's guide to Kik Messenger
- What is a digital tattoo?
- Building your child’s self-esteem through physical activity
- LGBTQ+ glossary for parents
- What is Minecraft?