Working with parents
Silverstone University Technical College provides an encouraging and supportive environment that nurtures ambition. Silverstone UTC also actively involves the parents of students and keeps them informed of their children’s progress and development.
We engage with parents so that ideas, input and feedback can be gathered and used to enhance and influence the development of the UTC. We are keen to make Silverstone UTC the best UTC of its kind in the country; with this in mind, involving the thoughts and feelings of parents is a top priority for us. We will also involve parents in specific projects as and when required. If you are a parent and would like to get involved, please contact us.
Parents may also find the following articles of interest. All articles are from parentINFO, a website decicated to helping children and young people stay safe online. (www.parentinfo.org)
- What is - and isn't - legal online?
- WhatsApp: a guide for parents and carers
- Secret Conversations on Facebook: a parent’s guide
- Self-harm: facts for parents
- Talking to your child about an eating disorder
- What is Minecraft?
- Teens on Tinder
- If your teen is sexually active
- LGBTQ+ glossary for parents
- What to do if your child is self-harming
- When your child comes out as transgender: a Q&A with Sue Chitayi
- PEGI games ratings explained
- Talking to your child about fake images
- Why your child’s friends may not always be good for them – and how to help
- Screen time and young children: finding a balance
- Helping your child make choices for their future post-16
- Apex Legends: a parent's guide
- Helping your child to manage anxiety
- Does your child have the skills to combat cybercrime?
- Talking about sex and relationships