Working with parents
Silverstone University Technical College provides an encouraging and supportive environment that nurtures ambition. Silverstone UTC also actively involves the parents of students and keeps them informed of their children’s progress and development.
We engage with parents so that ideas, input and feedback can be gathered and used to enhance and influence the development of the UTC. We are keen to make Silverstone UTC the best UTC of its kind in the country; with this in mind, involving the thoughts and feelings of parents is a top priority for us. We will also involve parents in specific projects as and when required. If you are a parent and would like to get involved, please contact us.
Parents may also find the following articles of interest. All articles are from parentINFO, a website decicated to helping children and young people stay safe online. (www.parentinfo.org)
- Staying safe on Minecraft
- The GCSE grading system explained
- What is Minecraft?
- What I wish my parents had told me about HIV as a gay teenager
- 9 ways the internet can be good for your children
- Gangs: signs and how to prevent involvement
- Having a positive digital footprint
- What is female genital mutilation and why does it happen?
- The 6 apps and services that every parent should know about
- When your child comes out as transgender: a Q&A with Sue Chitayi
- What is the dark web? A parent’s guide
- A parent's guide to vlogging
- Simple life hacks if your family wants to cut back on screen time
- WhatsApp: a guide for parents and carers
- Setting filters on YouTube
- E-cigarettes and vaping: a parent’s guide
- Skin gambling: what parents should know
- Pokémon Go: a parent's guide
- Don’t focus on the so-called ‘Momo Challenge’: educate children about online safety
- LGBTQ+ glossary for parents