Working with parents
Silverstone University Technical College provides an encouraging and supportive environment that nurtures ambition. Silverstone UTC also actively involves the parents of students and keeps them informed of their children’s progress and development.
We engage with parents so that ideas, input and feedback can be gathered and used to enhance and influence the development of the UTC. We are keen to make Silverstone UTC the best UTC of its kind in the country; with this in mind, involving the thoughts and feelings of parents is a top priority for us. We will also involve parents in specific projects as and when required. If you are a parent and would like to get involved, please contact us.
Parents may also find the following articles of interest. All articles are from parentINFO, a website decicated to helping children and young people stay safe online. (www.parentinfo.org)
- WhatsApp: a guide for parents and carers
- Online teen speak
- The GCSE grading system explained
- Gambling and young people: a parent’s guide
- Internet porn: top tips for how to respond
- What to do if your child is self-harming
- PEGI games ratings explained
- The 6 apps and services that every parent should know about
- Having a positive digital footprint
- 9 ways the internet can be good for your children
- Skin gambling: what parents should know
- What if you’re worried about your child’s mental health?
- Get Parent Info FREE on your school website
- Sex and relationships online
- What does Ofcom do to protect your child?
- Top tips for children who are being bullied
- Spotting the signs of abuse
- What is LSD? A guide for parents
- Instagram: a parent’s guide
- Phone safety and selfies: a parent's guide