The Silverstone brand has been built up over many years and we will all share in the benefits of the strength of the brand so we must sustain it wherever possible, especially within the UTC. We are all required to be dressed and presented appropriately at all times. To that end, all of our students will be expected to wear suitable office wear. Some work requires the use of safety clothing and PE kit.
- A suit (a jacket with matching dress/skirt/trousers which must be made of the same material);
- Jackets must be worn to school and any coats may only be worn in communal circulation areas on the ground floor;
- Hoodies are never classed as business wear. Jumpers or tanktops may be worn, but these must be plain or with a simple pattern and not display any large logo;
- A shirt and tie (boys) or a collared shirt/ blouse (girls);
- Skirt and dress lengths must be no more than 5cm above the knee;
- Shoes must be formal in style, smart in appearance and either flat or low-heeled consistent with health and safety considerations;
- Jewellery should be kept to a minimum, consistent with good taste and safety. Apart from pierced ears, no other facial jewellery is permitted. Ear stretchers are definitely not permitted.
Shops from which, depending on your budget, suits for girls and boys may be purchased include:
Zara, Next, Marks and Spencer, Asda, Tesco, Primark, Suits You, H&M, John Lewis, Wallis, Topshop, New Look, Moss, Debenhams, Matalan and TKMaxx.
Please note, students who are inappropriately dressed will borrow acceptable items from Reception or leave excessive jewellery there for safe keeping. Hoodies and jumpers / sweatshirts that do not conform to the dress code may be confiscated until the end of the day.
Silverstone UTC PE kit and safety boots are now available to order from here - Silverstone UTC Branded Uniform
PE kit does not have to be ordered from this site, as long as the kit is plain blue,white or black. We do not manage the website so if you have any queries relating to your order please contact Orchard Schoolwear directly.
In not having a school uniform, we are fostering an environment that carries the same expectations and mutual respect found in the workplace.