High Performance Engineering
What is High Performance Engineering?
There’s more to engineering than you might think.
- Imagine a world without engineering.
- Where would you be right now?
- On what would these words be written?
- How would you get around?
Engineers are problem solvers. They do exciting work to solve problems which affect all aspects of our lives. They are involved in research, design, manufacture and running businesses, from entrepreneurial start-ups to large corporations.
- It’s the ultimate field for challenge and creativity.
- The skills learned can be used in just about any job you can think of.
- There are great rewards and opportunities.
Between now and 2020, the UK will need around 156,000 engineering graduates and advanced apprentices per year. We produce only 73,000.
Roughly speaking, we need to double the number of engineering graduates and apprentices that we are producing each year. Silverstone UTC is an intentional project intended to secure skills for the future.
- Have a passion for science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
- Be motivated and determined to problem solve
- Have a desire to learn in a fast moving industrial environment
- Be able to work both individually and in a team
- Be creative
- Have excellent communication skills