High Performance Engineering
What is High Performance Engineering?
There’s more to engineering than you might think.
- Imagine a world without engineering.
- Where would you be right now?
- On what would these words be written?
- How would you get around?
Engineers are problem solvers. They do exciting work to solve problems which affect all aspects of our lives. They are involved in research, design, manufacture and running businesses, from entrepreneurial start-ups to large corporations.
- It’s the ultimate field for challenge and creativity.
- The skills learned can be used in just about any job you can think of.
- There are great rewards and opportunities.
Between now and 2024, the UK will need around 186,000 skilled engineering recruits each year. There is an annual shortfall of 20,000 engineering graduates. There is also a chronic ethnicity and gender issue, with the engineering workforce being 94% white and 92% male.
Roughly speaking, we need to double the number of engineering graduates and apprentices that we are producing each year. Silverstone UTC is an intentional project intended to secure skills for the future.
- Have a passion for science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
- Be motivated and determined to problem solve
- Have a desire to learn in a fast moving industrial environment
- Be able to work both individually and in a team
- Be creative
- Have excellent communication skills